Uzbekistan will recycle at least 60% of household waste by 2028
A Presidential decree sets an ambitious task, approving Strategy for Solid Household Waste Management in the Republic of Uzbekistan for the period 2019-2028.
The document notes that today sanitary cleaning services are available for only about half of the country's population, the infrastructure of the solid household waste management is unsatisfactory, and landfills do not meet the requirements of sanitary and environmental standards.
One of the principles of the approved strategy is “the polluter pays”. According to him, the one who creates the waste, should compensate for the costs of handling them.
The Strategy for Solid Household Waste Management in the Republic of Uzbekistan for the period 2019-2028 will be implemented in two stages.
At the first stage, in the next three years, the legislative base and mechanisms of economic regulation in the field of solid waste management will be improved. The development of the material and technical base and infrastructure of sanitation, strengthening of payment discipline, the creation of methodological and informational support for the development of an environmental education system in the field of solid household waste management are envisaged.
At the second stage, ambitious tasks were set:
- Increase the supplying the population with services for the collection and removal of municipal solid waste up to 100%;
- Ensure that at least 60% of the generated municipal solid waste is recycled;
- Increase the amount of processing of specific waste (mercury-containing waste, tires, batteries, waste oils, packaging waste, etc.) up to 25 percent;
- Reduce the amount of solid waste disposed of in landfills to 60 percent;
- Bring the state of all landfills in accordance with the established requirements, as well as fully reclaim the lands of the landfills that were liquidated;
- Alternative sources of energy at facilities for the treatment of solid waste should amount to 35 percent;
- Ensure 100 percent monitoring of the state of landfills, involving the monitoring of groundwater and atmospheric air.
Booker Prize 2019: This year the jury ignored rule…
Laureate must be only one, but the Booker Prize in 2019 received just two write…
About the reconstruction of Notre Dame Cathedral
The chief architect Philippe Villeneuve sure that the reconstruction of Notre D…
Two women will make a spacewalk
Astronauts NASA Christine Cook and Jessica Meir October 17 or 18 will make the …
Leaders of Uzbekistan and Turkey meet in Baku
On the morning of October 15 in Baku, President of the Republic of Uzbekistan S…
Presidents of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan meet in Ba…
Immediately upon arrival in Baku, President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavk…